Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Today's the day...

How do I feel? Physically, I'd rather not complain. Suffice it to say that my lifestyle has been limited in many ways. Emotionally, afraid and determined. Plus, you know that I am so often mired in some random, seemingly far-fetched situation. I just hope this is the RANDOM, CRAZY story to end all stories. I mean, really?!? I thought I had a fairly large head with a pretty decent shape. Apparently, Chiari Type I is a problem for people with an unusually small or mishapen head. Or, maybe my brain really is too big for my own good. I wonder: if my parents had named me a less cerebral name than Akilah (which means intelligent), would I still have this problem?

This morning, I'm reciting a very real quote from one of my favorite works of fiction:
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune by Frank Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment