Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

...but for the Grace of God...

Alhamdulillah (all the Praise is for God) for the circumstances of my life. Facing major surgery and/or chronic pain, possibilities, signs and blessings are foremost in my purview. It's almost as if my perception has gone HD.

Ambiguity has gone the way if the old analog TV box: nearly obsolete, in need of modifications to function. It's still hanging around but no longer being sold. Now, when I shop for truth and understanding, the choices are crystal clear.

Tonight, my daughter Yasmine helped put on a Breast Cancer benefit at school. As I listened to a survivor, I felt thankful for my circumstances. I was quickly connected with the best doctor and am supported by an amazing group of family and friends. My diagnosis is clear and prognosis is good. So, as I listened, I couldn't help but think, "There, but for the Grace of God, go I." Unearned, unplanned, but always on time: we can only be thankful for His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment