Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Home at last

I came home yesterday. Things are definitely different here...
I must admit, I've got a new headache. Neurosurgery is nothing to sneeze at, or cough for that matter. I have feared a cold before with my chiari headache. These days, I live in mortal dread of a cough. I've figured out a formula, though: line a pillow with a wide ice pack, wrap that around my neck and hold tight, next I cough ever so gently, once, maybe twice, that's it. After that, I try to recover and pray my throat stays clear from then on. My consolation: today's cough is easier than yesterday's.

Whenever I suffer through some new and/or different surgery related pain, I just remember that, since Monday, the pain is diminishing, not increasing. That is the opposite of my life leading up to June 13, 2011. Yes, I do wonder when the new headache will be gone. Also, I am thankful for the steady, hopeful improvements brought by each day so far.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can farm out the coughing. And why do I feel you are still being the master of the understatement? But truly glad the pain is decreasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uzma, you know me all too well. Between the lines, I've had a few more challenges, but the rest is true. I'm new at this blogging level of honesty. We all have our walls. I'm glad you can see past mine.

    ReplyDelete