I'm currently in Northern Virginia this week for a little R&R, a vacation of sorts. Actually, it's more like a staycation that's all the rage in today's economy, except I'm staying with good friends instead of at home. This allows my girls (who were sent away from home on June 13) to return home and re-establish their routines before summer school/camp starts in July. We're also hoping it gives Mom and David get a chance to re-group. Their lives have been turned upside down and inside out caring for me. But, they're not the only ones...
I don't want to list names without permission, nor would I seek to dilute the blessing of anonymous generosity. So instead of naming individual people, and there are many, I want to show my appreciation for the many acts of love, kindness and service that have been flowing my way. I am immensely grateful to each and every person out there (you know who you are) for every...
- moment spent in prayer on my behalf
- meal, snack, or drink brought to me in my sick bed
- medicine reminder
- night (+ days or even weeks) spent having my girls sleep over
- mile traveled to visit or help our family (and associated gas $)
- dollar given to ease the burden of mounting medical and dependent care costs
- pot of yummy, nutritious food cooked with that extra healing ingredient, love
- household chore done for us
- bouquet of flowers, card, box of chocolates or gift intended to brighten my day
- piece of advice on how to heal, recover, relax
- hand or companionship given to facilitate one of my daily walks
- positive thought on my behalf
- intention or act of which I may have no knowledge but from which I enjoy benefit